Work at Khuduyane Quigley
The following positions are available at Khuduyane Quigley:
Driver Ultra Heavy Vehicle (Code 14)
Key Performance Areas
- Must have a clean criminal record
- Must have a good medical record
Education and Experience
- Code 14 drivers license
- Valid PDP
- Dangerous goods experience advantageous
- Minimum of 5 years experience as an Ultra heavy vehicle driver.
- Experience must have been gained through driving articulated heavy vehicles
Skills and Knowledge
- Be able to read and write English
- Must be numerically orientated
- Must be prepared to work weekends and public holidays
Horizontal / Directional Drill Operators
The role of a Horizontal/Directional Drill Operator includes operating horizontal/directional drill rigs, locating equipment and product support equipment.
Perform semi-skilled activities related to HDD locating and must be familiar with industry standards, policies, guidelines, and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates Horizontal Directional Drill for installation of underground telecommunications cable conduit, including fiber optic cable.
- Ensures safety of the public and other utilities underground facilities.
- Performs all duties according to prescribed safety procedures and uses appropriate safety equipment.
- Setup and cleanup of work site including traffic and pedestrian control.
- Reads utility locates and coordinating day lighting of these facilities.
- Ensures all applicable permits and locates are complete and on site.
- Inspects the work that is in progress to ensure that the workmanship conforms to specifications.
- Operates construction equipment to facilitate alignment, movement, and adjustment of machinery to conform to grade specifications.
- Level earth to final grade specifications.
- Operates vehicles and equipment operations from trucks to other equipment as directed and certified.
- Performs proper maintenance by greasing, oiling, and making minor repairs on equipment.
- Leads teams in the field effectively and efficiently as needed and directed by supervisor.
- 3 years of Horizontal Directional Drill experience;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Clean driving record.
- Experience with different size Vermeer or Ditch Witch units and various brands of locating equipment;
- Working experience of underground construction
- Ability to read and understand maps, drawings and diagrams for project build process;
- Willing to work outdoors in all types of weather and work overtime as required.
Don’t miss these great opportunities!
All applicants must pass a background check and pre-employment drug screening.
Benefits available include Medical, Life insurance and performance based Bonuses.